Our staff and patient health and safety is our number one priority.
We understand coronavirus is now a concern for some of our patients.
As the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, we want to share some important information about the steps we are taking to minimise the risk of exposure to our patients, our staff and the greater community.
What is Coronavirus (COVID 19)?
For up to date information on the current status of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia please click here.
What is Smile Care Dentists doing?
- All Smile Care Dentists staff have been instructed not to come to work if they have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 or are feeling unwell, have recently returned from overseas or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. As health care workers, we will be sent for testing for infection. Staff who have recently returned overseas will be required to stay at home for 14 days regardless. Daily communications between staff members will always take place to share the most up-to-date information from government and health authorities to keep them informed.
- We have been asking our patients extra medical questions regarding whether they have been experiencing any flu like symptoms or returned from interstate or overseas in the last month. If our patients have been experiencing any symptoms or have returned from interstate/overseas they will be required to reschedule their appointment.
- We have disabled the ability to book online for “non-essential” dental treatment in line with Australian Dental Association guidelines.
- We have strengthened our already stringent cleaning and infection control regime.
- Our patients are instructed to use a surgical mouth rinse before any procedure.
- We are encouraging use of cards instead of cash wherever possible.
- We have also removed all toys and magazines from our waiting room.
- All our lab work is done by the best locally in Australia.
- Please know that we have always had and always will have the very highest standards in infection control procedures in our practice.
How you can help us?
- Please do not attend your dental appointment if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Patients and anyone with you (including children) will be asked to leave the premise and appointments rescheduled appropriately if they are showing signs of any of the following symptoms regardless of travel history
- Please come alone to your appointment if possible or limit the number of support people you need to bring to the appointment. We may ask that only the patient (and one parent/guardian for children’s appointments) enter our treatment rooms. Other siblings/support people will be asked to remain in the car.
- We will have hand sanitisers on the front reception counter for you to use when you enter the clinic. Please use this upon entering to help prevent the spread of germs. If your hands are visibly soiled, we will politely ask that you wash your hands first before applying the hand sanitiser.
Thank you again for your patience and continued support during this time of community uncertainty. We are here for you not only as health care professionals but also as members of the local community.